Sunday, April 11, 2010

Did ya miss me??





I had 6 cakes this week but only managed to take pics of 3. Boo! First is an alice in wonderland themed cake. It's inspired by a cake the customer found online. This one was truly a labor of love. The hard part about these character cakes is getting them accurate. If you dont get the characters just right, the cake isn't going to look good. I've seen my share of bad character cakes, let me tell you! I tried my best on this one and I think it came out great. The birthday girl couldn't have been happier when she saw it! Next is a smash cake for Kegan. His parents wanted something with a pig on it but didn't have any luck finding a picture online so I just came up with this. A little boy piggy took a detour from the party to play in the mud, LOL! I really love his little face, snout, bum and tail...so cute! Last is a baby shower cake that matches the baby's bedding. It's main feature is the tan with cocoa zebra stripes. Very modern and fun! That's it for now. Have a good week!

1 comment:

lesley said...

How do I get a hold of you? I am looking for a great cake for my daughters 1st birthday. thanks.You can email me at lmalone0@comcat.net